The Lattice Manager is a simple web tool which provides an interface to your Lattice1 device. You can send simple Bitcoin transactions with it - for Ethereum-based operations, we recommend using the MetaMask extension or Frame.
Here's how you connect to the GridPlus Lattice Manager (it's very similar to setting up the MetaMask extension because both processes use the same GridPlus Lattice1 Connector module).
1. Go to the Lattice Manager website:
2. Enter your device ID, which can be found on your Lattice1 by going to the Device ID page from your main menu. Enter any password you like. Press Connect.
3. This will take you to the next step - you should see a new screen asking you to enter a secret, which will now be displayed on your Lattice1 screen. Once you type in the correct secret, the Lattice Manager will be paired to your Lattice1. This will also create a new Lattice Manager permission on your device.
And you're done with the setup! Let's have a look at what you can actually do here.
The real purpose of the manager is to act as an interface to certain Lattice1 configurations. Functionality is still being developed but here's what you can do right now:
- Send and receive BTC transactions using the Send and Receive tabs. Quite straightforward. The BTC wallet is hidden by default, so you need to go Settings and enable e.g. Wrapped Segwit or another address format first.
- Address Tags are an accessory to the ABI smart contract definitions above - they let you create custom display names for commonly used smart contracts or wallet addresses, which enables you to get the most out of your Lattice from a security standpoint. Not only all transactions will be readable, Ethereum addresses will displayed as custom text instead of the standard 0xabc format.
- Settings - here you can control access from the apps which your device is paired with (you can also remove such permissions on the Lattice1 itself by going to Permissions) and also setup your own message routing infrastructure (see the article below for a guide!).
And there you go, you're all set now! We highly recommend you explore the features above, especially address tags, as these really enhance the Lattice1 experience.
We hope you're going to love your Lattice1!