The SafeCard CLI is a free open-source application which ensures that you’ll always be able to recover critical backups stored on GridPlus SafeCards even if you no longer have access to a Lattice1.
With the SafeCards and CLI app the only thing you can't change is the PIN - so choose wisely and be sure to remember it.
- 1.Export SeedThis function allows you to export your SafeCard wallet's binary seed (a hash of the more commonly used seed phrase). With the master seed, you have everything you need to derive any keys needed to gain access to your funds on another device.
- 2.Export Private KeysThis lets you export the private keys of your wallet directly. As you export the wallet's binary seed, deriving your private keys from the hash can get complicated, so we included this feature as well.
- 3.Delete SeedThis completely erases your wallet seed from the SafeCard. Useful for both making sure no additional record of your wallet secrets exists and clearing the SafeCard before creating a new wallet. You can also delete the SafeCard seed directly on the Lattice1 by going to Manage Wallets and selecting Reset SafeCard Wallet when the SafeCard is inserted and unlocked.
All SafeCard CLI operations are protected by your SafeCard's PIN. You always have three attempts to get in before the SafeCard bricks - once it bricks, it's gone forever and can't be reinstated. Please read the SafeCard Management... Safely article carefully!
NOTE: If you set up your SafeCard before Lattice1 HSM software version 0.12.1 (released late October 2021), you also had the possibility to select the SafeCard wallet to be non-exportable (this would make the SafeCard wallet impossible to copy in any way). If you have a non-exportable SafeCard wallet, please don't use it with STARK-based crypto!
If you're not sure if your SafeCard seed was set to exportable or non-exportable when created, you can go to zk.money and try creating an account. If the account creation fails, your seed is non-exportable.
You can make it exportable by resetting the SafeCard wallet and importing this seed on it again (from a seedphrase or by copying another Lattice/SafeCard wallet.
- 1.One or more GridPlus SafeCards.
- 2.A computer (MacOS or Windows, but you can also build from source on Linux).
- 4.The SafeCard CLI binary. You can get it in the user guide!
- 5.The SafeCard CLI user guide. You can find everything from the initial setup to the commands below: