Comment on page
Connecting to Frame
This guide will walk you through the process of connecting your Lattice1 to the Frame desktop wallet - we're obviously assuming you've already installed Frame at this point.
- 1.If you have a fresh install of Frame, you will obviously have no accounts on it and the only thing you will see on the homescreen of the app is a big button to add them. So, click on it and select GridPlus Lattice1. You can name the device however you wish.
- 2.You will be asked to enter your device ID on the next step. You can find that as the last menu item on the Lattice homescreen. Type it in and click on Create.
- 3.On the next step, you will see a new screen on Frame asking you to enter a pairing code (we call this the secret), which will now be displayed on your Lattice1 screen. Once you type in the secret correctly, you can click on Pair and the connection will be created - your Lattice will be added as a new Frame signer. You will also see a "Successfully connected!" message on your Lattice screen. This will also create a new Frame permission on your Lattice.
- 4.Now all you have to do is just select the addresses you wish to add to Frame. And you're done!
Note: You will only see 5 addresses by default. If you would like to add more addresses, go to Settings → Lattice Accounts and adjust the value as needed:
If the derived addresses you see on the left panel do not look familiar, it's possible you may need to change the derivation path! This is only for ex-Ledger users as Frame uses the standard deriv path by default.
A common issue hardware wallet users run into is using the wrong derivation path for their seed when connecting to wallet management apps such as Frame. The derivation path isn't objectively wrong, the trouble lies in where the seed was generated and which path they used when using all their addresses. Ledger devices use a different derivation path than what is now considered the standard path.
If you are using a seed that was created on a Ledger device and then imported into your Lattice, you will need to set Frame to generate addresses from your seed along the Ledger Legacy or Ledger Live derivation paths.
Use Ledger Legacy if your Ledger device was bought before July 2018 and Ledger Live if after. If you're not sure, just try both and you will find your addresses with one of them.
- 1.Access the Settings menu
- 2.Scroll down until you reach the "Lattice Derivation" option and choose the appropriate derivation path for your situation
Adding more addresses from a SafeCard is easy in Frame as you already have the Lattice added as a signer in the app:
- 1.Insert and unlock your SafeCard
- 2.Click on thebutton in the top left corner of Frame
- 3.Open your connected Lattice signer account (the default name for it is GridPlus)
- 4.Open account details with thebutton
- 5.Then just click on Reload Signer, let the app load, and select the addresses you want to import as standalone Frame accounts/wallets
Frame makes it easy to quickly switch your active hardware signer, whether it is to another device type or simply from a SafeCard address to Lattice wallet address and vice versa. To switch signers, follow the same instructions as above. If the address you want to switch to is on a SafeCard, the card needs to be inserted and unlocked.