Connecting to Frame
This guide will walk you through the process of connecting your Lattice1 to the Frame desktop wallet - we're obviously assuming you've already installed Frame at this point.
- 1.Start by clicking thebutton in the top right of Frame.
- 2.Click on Add New Account and choose the GridPlus Lattice1. You can name the account however you wish.
- 3.Then, enter your Device ID which can be found at the bottom of your Lattice home screen.
- 4.You will then get a secret code on your Lattice that you'll need to enter into Frame.
- 5.Finally, select the addresses from your Lattice/SafeCard that you wish to connect to Frame.
If you would like to generate more addresses, go to Settings → Lattice Accounts and adjust the value as needed:
If the derived addresses do not look familiar, it's possible you may need to change the derivation path.
A common issue hardware wallet users run into is using the wrong derivation path for their seed when connecting to wallet management apps such as Frame. The derivation path isn't objectively wrong, the trouble lies in where the seed was generated and which path they used when using all their addresses. Ledger devices use a different derivation path than what is now considered the standard path.
If you are using a seed that was created on a Ledger device and then imported into your Lattice, you will need to set Frame to generate addresses from your seed along the Ledger Legacy or Ledger Live derivation paths.
Use Ledger Legacy if your Ledger device was bought before July 2018 and Ledger Live if after. If you're not sure, just try both and you will find your addresses with one of them.
- 1.Access the Settings menu by clicking thesymbol in the top right
- 2.Scroll down until you reach the "Lattice Derivation" option and choose the appropriate derivation path for your situation
If you'd like to read something a bit more technical on derivation paths, you can check out our section on this topic in the Wallets article from our Blockchain Basics series.
Adding wallets from a SafeCard is easy in Frame:
- 1.Insert and Unlock your SafeCard
- 2.Click thebutton in the top right of Frame
- 3.Under your Lattice entry click MORE then RECONNECT
- 4.Finally, select the accounts you wish to add from your SafeCard
Frame makes it easy to quickly switch your active hardware signer, whether it is to another device type or simply from a SafeCard address to Lattice wallet address and vice versa. To switch signers, follow the same instructions as above. If the address you want to switch to is on a SafeCard, the card needs to be inserted and unlocked.