Connecting to MetaMask
The MetaMask browser extension is the most popular crypto app today - and we're proud to become the third hardware wallet manufacturer whose products can be connected to the extension via a direct connection.
Using MetaMask with the Lattice1 is almost the same as using the app without a hardware wallet - but when you connect your hardware to the extension, all transaction requests will now have to be signed on the Lattice1 and you will get to approve all of them on the device screen.
This also means that whatever you can do with MetaMask (this includes all chains other than Ethereum that are supported by the extension too!), you can do with the Lattice1.
So, let's get started!
1. Download and install the extension - make sure to get the browser one!
2. Pin the extension so you can access it with a single click:
3. Open the extension, click on Get Started and on the next screen, click on Create a Wallet.
4. Agree to the T&Cs and then create a password - this password is only used for access to the browser extension - if you forget it, you can simply remove the extension, reinstall, and set a new one. On the next screen, click on Next, reveal the seed phrase, select it, copy it and paste it to notepad and then select the words in the correct order on the next page (you don't need to save this seed phrase, you will most likely NOT use this hot wallet). Then, click on All done.
5. Once your new MetaMask hot wallet is setup, it's time to connect to the Lattice1. Click on the menu icon and select Connect Hardware Wallet. Select the Lattice1 and click on Continue.
6. This will open a new browser tab with the secure GridPlus Lattice1 Connector module (the domain needs to be lattice.gridplus.io) - you will need to enter your device ID and a password on this page. Your device ID can be found on the Lattice1 main menu screen - just tap on Device ID. Enter any password you like - this can be reset easily if you forget it. Press Connect.
6. This will take you to the next step - you should see a new screen asking you to enter a secret, which will now be displayed on your Lattice1 screen. Once you type in the correct secret, your MetaMask app will be paired to your Lattice1. This will also create a new MetaMask permission on your device.
7. You will be taken back to MetaMask to the Select an Account screen. Here you will import all the addresses from your wallet on the Lattice1 that you want to use with MetaMask. Each address will create a new MetaMask account (the first address will be imported as Lattice 1 account, second as Lattice 2 etc.) and all of these new accounts will be linked to the Lattice1. All transaction requests from these accounts will also require your approval on the hardware screen.
If you're unsure whether you'll need more than one account, you can just select the first address - you can always come back to the Select an Account screen by reconnecting. When you've selected all the addresses you wish to use, click on Unlock.
And there you go, all set now! You should now see all the addresses you imported as separate accounts in MetaMask - all Lattice accounts should have a "Lattice1" tag next to them, like this:
You can now do everything you're used to doing with MetaMask: sending crypto, swaps, DeFi, minting NFTs, you name it. Everything that has to be signed with your private keys will now have to be approved on the screen of your Lattice1.
Now let's get connected to the Lattice Manager, our very own app you can use to manage both basic and advanced features of the Lattice1.