Lattice1 Pairing Troubleshooting
Both the Lattice Manager and MetaMask pairings go through the same connect module, which asks for a device ID and a password. This pairing generates a private key which is used to form the encrypted channel used for communication.
The device ID for this connect module can be found on your Lattice1 - simply go to Device ID when you login to the device system. The password is set up when you first pair your Lattice1 to the manager or MetaMask (the password field in the connect module is associated with the specific app rather than the module itself) - if you forget it, you will have to reset the pairing connection (more on that later).
Most pairing issues can be resolved very quickly. You have to first remove the pairing on both sides and re-pair with the app again.
- 1.On your Lattice1, navigate to Permissions, select MetaMask and delete the permission
- 2.Remove all Lattice accounts (the ones with the Lattice1 tag next to them) from your MetaMask extension by clicking the three dots and selecting Remove account from the menu
- 3.Once this is done, you can click on Connect Hardware Wallet in your MetaMask and go through the standard pairing process;
- 4.From available hardware wallets, select Lattice1
- 5.Enter the pairing secret from your Lattice1 screen
- 6.Select the derivation path and all the addresses you want to use
- 1.Log out of the Lattice Manager app.
- 2.On your Lattice1, go to Permissions, select Lattice Manager and delete the permission
- 3.Back at the web wallet login screen, enter your device ID again and a new password - you will now go through the same pairing process as before
- 4.You will be prompted to enter the pairing secret you see on your Lattice1 screen and when you do so, you will be logged back into your wallet and you should see your balances and tx history
If you're having issues with logging into the connect module in the first place (this is very rare), you'll have to generate a new device ID, please follow these steps:
- 1.On your Lattice1, go to System Preferences.
- 2.Choose Security & Privacy.
- 3.And finally, Reset Router.
- 4.Confirm with Yes.