How to Upgrade to the Official MetaMask Extension
We're proud to become the third hardware wallet manufacturer to be supported by the MetaMask extension, the most widely used crypto app today. This guide is written for our current users who use the GridPlus fork of MetaMask - if you're one of them, you can find the exact steps needed to smoothly switch from our fork to the official extension below.
2. Next, unlock your Lattice1 and find Permissions on the screen. You should then tap on the MetaMask one and delete it.
3. Now it's time to download and install the official MetaMask extension - make sure to get the browser one, not the iOS/Android version!
4. Add the extension to your browser, you can use any browser where MetaMask is supported: Chrome, Firefox, Brave, Edge, etc.
5. Once the extension is installed, you will now see the welcome screen with the fox icon - click on Get Started. When you do that, you now have to choose between importing and creating a new wallet - select Create a Wallet.
6. After you click on Create a Wallet, continue with the standard MetaMask setup:
- Agree to the T&Cs.
- Create a new password (this is only used to log into the extension on the browser and can be reset by reinstalling the extension in case you forget it).
- When you're done and you see the Secure your wallet screen, click on Next.
- You will now see the seed phrase of this newly created wallet - if you plan on using it, make sure to write it down (most users don't need to because they will not use this wallet at all).
- Either way, you have to then click through the words in the correct order on the next page.
7. And you're done! This is what you should now see. Click on the account icon and select Connect Hardware Wallet and then the Lattice1 - you're getting very close now!
8. This will bring you to the Lattice Connector interface where you will need to input your device ID (you can find that on your Lattice1 screen) and a password in order to establish a connection.
9. Once you connect, you will be sent back to MetaMask, where you will now see the Select an Account screen. Here you can choose to select multiple addresses from your wallet that you can then use for different purposes (each address will be imported as a standalone hardware account).
And you're done!
You should now see your account(s) in the account list and the ones on the Lattice1 should say hardware next to them.