You will NOT need to import your seed phrase anywhere - please read carefully!
We're proud to become the third hardware wallet manufacturer to be supported by the MetaMask extension, the most widely used crypto app today. This guide is written for our current users who use the GridPlus fork of MetaMask - if you're one of them, you can find the exact steps needed to smoothly switch from our fork to the official extension below.
The GridPlus MetaMask fork will no longer be updated with new MetaMask releases like it was until now. Please switch to the official MetaMask extension so you always use the latest and most secure release of the app!
1. On your browser, navigate to extensions by going to chrome://extensions/. Once you're here, remove the GridPlus MetaMask fork from your browser.
Make sure that the default hot wallet (Account 1) of the fork doesn't have anything on it before you remove the extension! If you've ever used this wallet, double check that it's empty or that you have it backed up somewhere!
2. Next, unlock your Lattice1 and find Permissions on the screen. You should then tap on the MetaMask one and delete it.
3. Now it's time to download and install the official MetaMask extension - make sure to get the browser one, not the iOS/Android version!
The Lattice1 isn't currently supported by MetaMask on mobile, but this will come in time.
4. Add the extension to your browser, you can use any browser where MetaMask is supported: Chrome, Firefox, Brave, Edge, etc.
5. Once the extension is installed, you will now see the welcome screen with the fox icon - click on Get Started. When you do that, you now have to choose between importing and creating a new wallet - select Create a Wallet.
You need to create a new wallet because MetaMask has to have a default hot wallet (Account 1). You don't need to reset the wallet on your Lattice1.
If you used the default hot wallet on your GridPlus fork for e.g. minting NFTs, you can of course import it, but most of our users only use the hardware account on MetaMask, so the majority of our users will need to create a new wallet.
6. After you click on Create a Wallet, continue with the standard MetaMask setup:
Agree to the T&Cs.
Create a new password (this is only used to log into the extension on the browser and can be reset by reinstalling the extension in case you forget it).
When you're done and you see the Secure your wallet screen, click on Next.
You will now see the seed phrase of this newly created wallet - if you plan on using it, make sure to write it down (most users don't need to because they will not use this wallet at all).
Either way, you have to then click through the words in the correct order on the next page.
7. And you're done! This is what you should now see. Click on the account icon and select Connect Hardware Wallet and then the Lattice1 - you're getting very close now!
8. This will bring you to the Lattice Connector interface where you will need to input your device ID (you can find that on your Lattice1 screen) and a password in order to establish a connection.
9. Once you connect, you will be sent back to MetaMask, where you will now see the Select an Account screen. Here you can choose to select multiple addresses from your wallet that you can then use for different purposes (each address will be imported as a standalone hardware account).
If you originally created your wallet on a Ledger device, you'll have to switch the HD path to Ledger Live/Legacy in order to see all addresses in the correct order!
And you're done!
You should now see your account(s) in the account list and the ones on the Lattice1 should say hardware next to them.